The workplace is growing increasingly complicated.
In 2019, companies are dealing with everything from the rise of mobile and remote workers, to the confusion of a highly globalised workforce. If you want to stay one step ahead of the game, then you’re going to need a way to keep up with a rapidly transforming environment. That’s where online collaboration tools and productivity apps can help.
From systems designed to eliminate the email with real-time messaging, to workflow management software, there are productivity solutions to solve almost every problem.
Here’s our guide to the worst and best productivity apps of 2019
The Best Productivity Apps for 2019
1. Dropbox – Best for File Sharing/Storage
Sometimes, the best productivity tools are also the simplest. Dropbox is one of the most popular solutions on the market today for companies that need to store, manage and share documents in a hurry. Available in both free and premium versions, Dropbox makes it easy for employees to access the resources they need fast, with a simple cloud-based platform. Features include:
- Automatic syncing
- Information backup
- Quick and seamless file sharing
- Integration with many popular online collaboration tools
2. Trello – Best for Project Management
Trello is one of the most highly-commended online project management solutions on the web. It’s designed to streamline company workflows by categorising tasks and showing you which jobs need to be completed first. You can drag and drop cards into different segments like “To Do,” or “Completed,” and assign specific staff members to each project. Benefits include:
- Easy-to-use drag and drop interface
- Customisable workflows
- Email and calendar notifications
- File sharing and document annotations
3. Google Calendar – Best productivity app for Scheduling
When it comes to answering the question: “What are online collaboration tools?” the chances are that your mind doesn’t automatically go towards calendaring software. However, it’s impossible to communicate and collaborate productively if you’re not in sync with your colleagues. Google calendar is a simple and streamlined way to keep even remote teams connected. You can:
- Invite people to join events through your calendar and create reminders
- Link your schedule to your Google Drive
- Access smart suggestions to boost productivity and business efficiency
4. RingCentral Glip – Best productivity app for communication
Finally, productivity and effective communication are crucial partners in the collaboration environment. RingCentral Glip allows companies to access the full potential of their teams through a unified online collaboration software tool that enables everything from instant messaging to video chat, and file sharing. Some of the most beneficial features include:
- Instant messaging and group chats
- Video or audio conferencing
- Share and collaborate on files
- Create and manage tasks with project management tools
- Coordinate schedules easily with integrations to Google Calendar
- Access your favourite apps such as Zapier, Trello and more
To increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your user onboarding process, you can check out software adoption platform Userlane too.
The Worst Productivity Apps for 2019
Though it’s easy to list some of the most useful productivity tools for 2019, your perception of the worst online collaboration tools will depend on what you’re trying to accomplish with your new technology. Ultimately, there are hundreds of productivity and project management tools out there, and the worst ones will be those that merely overwhelm your employees, rather than empowering them.
The worst online project management solutions:
- Don’t integrate with the tools and systems you already use.
- Offer minimal methods of communication.
- Are complicated to use, and difficult for employees to adopt
- Make the workplace environment more cluttered, rather than streamlining teamwork
Are you ready to find the tools that are right for your business? Reach out to RingCentral today to discover the power that comes with the right and best productivity apps.Download the RC app