What are cookies?
Cookies allow us to do the following:
- Complete transactions you have requested;
- Collect information to determine which services and sections of our Website are most and least popular;
- Personalize our Website and make recommendations to you based on services you have used in the past;
- Improve the ease of use of our Website, sometimes in conjunction with Web beacons.
We also use a session-based cookie to maintain continuity of navigation for you when viewing our Website during a particular on-line session. After closing the browser, the session cookie simply terminates; it is not stored on your computer’s hard drive thereafter.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
You can block or erase cookies from your computer if you want, but certain RingCentral services may not work correctly if you set your browser not to accept cookies:
- Google Chrome:Click the wrench icon to the right of the address bar and select “Settings”. Click “Show advanced settings…”, scroll down to the “Privacy” section, and click “Content settings”. Under the “Cookies section”, you can select “Block sites from setting any data” or “Block third-party cookies and site data” to prevent cookies from being set. In order to delete cookies, click “All cookies and site data”, scroll to the particular cookies you would like to remove, and click “x” to the right of the cookies, or click “Remove all” to remove all cookies. Click “OK” when you are finished making your changes.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:Click the gear icon to the right of the address bar and select “Internet Options”. Select the “Privacy” tab, and you can move the slider to “High” or “Block All Cookies”. In order to delete cookies, select the “General” tab, and under the “Browsing history” section, click “Delete…”. Make sure “Cookies” is selected, and click “Delete” to delete cookies. Click “OK” when you are finished making your changes.
- Mozilla Firefox:Click the “Firefox” menu on the upper-right corner of your browser and select “Options”. Select the “Privacy” tab, and under the “History” section, select “Never remember history” or “Use custom settings for history”. If you select “Use custom settings for history”, you can deselect “Accept third-party cookies” or “Accept cookies from sites”. In order to delete cookies, click “Show Cookies”, scroll to the particular cookies you would like to remove, and click “Remove Cookie”, or click “Remove All Cookies” to remove all cookies. If your history setting is set to “Never Remember history”, click “clear all current history”, make sure “Cookies” is selected, and click “Clear Now”. Click “OK” when you are finished making your changes.
- Apple Safari:Click the gear icon to the right of the address bar and click “Preferences…”. Select the “Privacy” tab, and under the “Block cookies” section, you can select “From third parties and advertisers” or “always”. In order to delete cookies, click “Details…”, scroll to the particular cookies you would like to remove, and click “Remove Cookie”, or click “Remove All” to remove all cookies.