Marc Andreessen once said that “software is eating the world.”
That statement seems particularly true today, as companies from all backgrounds start to move away from the restrictions of hardware and towards the flexibility provided by a cloud-based environment. As almost every vertical becomes more competitive, organisations that want to stay ahead of the curve need to be agile, scalable, and ready to adapt. More often than not, this means being prepared to embrace the cloud.
Of course, the transition to a cloud environment isn’t always smooth, particularly for larger companies that have pre-existing investments to worry about. Fortunately, software-as-a-service providers and companies like RingCentral with our open API architecture, allow developers to unpack the parts of the cloud they want most and embed them into their communications stack with ease.
Simply put, an open API environment means that your evolution opportunities in the cloud are limitless.
Simplifying the transition to unified communications
An API, or application programming interface, gives developers access to the fundamental elements of the tools they want to add to their existing communications strategy. With the right selection of APIs, you can:
- Enhance your existing environment: Infuse communications capabilities into the systems and apps you already use such as your productivity suite, CRM, or help desk system, just to name a few. This way you are able to get more value out of your existing investment and create a powerful ecosystem in the cloud.
- Implement new strategies for communication and collaboration: RingCentral offers APIs for messaging, collaboration, storage, call logs, and more so you can help your teams communicate in the most immersive and lucrative ways possible.
- Unlock profound data insights: With APIs designed for analytics purposes, you can access everything from call recordings to voicemail transcriptions to learn more about your customers and improve the experience your business offers.
- Introduce the tools you use every day into your company’s collaboration environment: By integrating tools such as Trello, Zendesk, JIRA, and more into your collaboration environment you can get regular updates to keep all your projects on track.
- Improve account configuration: Make it easier for your IT team to manage your communications system by integrating it with your provisioning system.
Innovation without the price tag
To adhere to the changing demands of today’s consumers, companies need to be able to adapt and innovate quickly. This means being able to access a range of omnichannel communications strategies, implement new technologies when necessary, and upgrade their UC strategy rapidly. In the past, such agility would have been impossible due to the cost and time needed to install new hardware as well as the closed nature of legacy platforms.
However, an open API environment means that anyone with the right developer knowledge can add communications capabilities to their preferred business environment, with as little stress as possible.
An open API environment means that your evolution opportunities in the cloud are limitless. Click To Tweet
At RingCentral, we even offer a developer platform full of resources and information to help you seamlessly integrate business communications into your key business processes and applications.
What’s more, as new technology continues to make its way onto the market, exploring disruptive trends like machine learning and artificial intelligence, APIs give businesses a simple and cost-effective way to integrate cutting-edge tools into your business. In addition to the RingCentral library of official SDKs, we also offer our users access to a wide range of community libraries, where they can explore the latest creations by some of the world’s most forward-thinking developers.
With open APIs, the possibilities of your communications strategy are limitless.