The Benefits of Workforce Management (WFM) Software
People are at the heart of every successful organisation, and in order for your business to thrive you need to get the most out of your employees. Workforce management can help you do just that. Executed properly, WFM will allow you optimise your workforce, cut costs, and increase operational efficiency. In this article we take a closer look at workforce management and discover what it can do for your business.
What is WFM?
WFM is a set of integrated processes designed to streamline day-to-day operations and maximise the productivity of your staff. It includes key business functions such as scheduling, performance management, budgeting, and forecasting. By implementing a successful workforce management system, you can manage your time and resources more effectively, enhance the customer experience, and improve your bottom line.
What does WFM mean for your call centre and why is it so important?
Workforce management is key to the success of any enterprise, but if you’re running a busy call centre or contact centre, implementing an effective WFM system is absolutely vital. The right WFM software will give you the tools you need to manage, monitor, and motivate your workforce. Here are some of the ways WFM software can benefit your company:
- Scheduling: One of the biggest challenges for any call centre is staff scheduling. Ensuring you have enough agents to meet demand on a day-to-day, shift-by-shift basis can be a difficult, complex process. WFM software enables you to assign employees quickly and easily, taking into account things like holidays, absenteeism, and staff preferences to help you optimise your workforce.
- Forecasting: In order to produce a workable schedule, you first need to know your short, medium, and long-term staffing requirements. Drawing on relevant data, WFM software can provide you with accurate, up-to-the-minute forecasts, helping you maximise resources and reduce costs without sacrificing the quality of your work.
- Quality management: Tracking employee performance data, such as number of calls answered and customer survey scores, can help you get the best out of your staff; but crunching the numbers can quickly eat into your time and resources. Call centre WFM software includes automated tools that enable you to collate and analyse key performance metrics. It allows you to provide constructive feedback, set realistic targets, and identify potential training opportunities.
What is the best WFM software for call centres?
If you’re thinking about implementing a workforce management solution, it’s important to choose wisely. Ideally, your call centre WFM software should include advanced features, such as predictive analytics, real-time dashboards, and ‘what if’ analysis. It should integrate seamlessly with your existing systems and procedures, and it should be scalable so it can grow with your business. Here are a few more things to consider when implementing or upgrading your WFM call centre software:
- Ease of use: It’s important that the software is user friendly. Your employees are much more likely to buy into your WFM system if it includes an attractive interface, easy to navigate dashboards, and accessible training tools.
- Compliance: Managing a call centre involves a lot of red tape. Make sure your preferred WFM software includes adequate reporting tools to help you meet all the necessary compliance.
- Security: A security breach could spell disaster for your organisation. Robust security features such as firewalls and password protection are essential if you want to safeguard your digital assets.
Get the most out of your call centre with RingCentral
If you’re running a busy call centre, labour and agent support make up roughly two-thirds of your operating costs, so it’s important to get the most out of your investment.
RingCentral offers a reliable, robust WFM solution, with a host of workforce optimisation tools. Key features, such as scheduling, forecasting, and quality management can help you reduce agent downtime and build better customer relationships. By implementing the right call centre or contact centre WFM software, you can save yourself time and money, increase productivity, and enhance the reputation of your brand.
For more information about WFM and how RingCentral can help you optimise your workforce, get in touch today and speak to one of our product experts.