RingCentral® Number Porting Policy
This policy forms part of, and should be read in conjunction with, the RingCentral Terms of Service.
- Number Port-In Request Procedures. In order to request the porting of a telephone or facsimile number into an Account, the Account Administrator for the Account into which You wish the number to be ported must log in to the Admin Portal for such Account and complete all steps and provide all information requested as part of the number port-in request process (which may include without limitation providing an executed Letter of Agency) or as otherwise requested by RingCentral. In addition, if You wish to port into an Account more than 100 numbers from the same third party service provider account, You must contact RingCentral’s Project Porting Department at email@example.com and comply with its instructions. You accept and acknowledge that RingCentral cannot port disconnected numbers and understand that if You cancel your existing number with Your existing service provider, RingCentral will be unable to transfer that number.
- The Number Porting Process. In order to request the porting out to another services provider of a number currently assigned to an Account, You must follow the instructions specified by that services provider and must provide all information and cooperation requested by the relevant services providers, RingCentral, or any other relevant third party. You acknowledge that: (i) the porting of numbers into or out of an Account requires Your provision of specific and detailed information to RingCentral and/or third parties (including, without limitation, other services providers) and completion of certain steps and procedures by various parties; and (ii) numbers may not be ported into or out of an Account unless and until You are able to provide certain specific information that matches other information on record with RingCentral or other services providers. For these and other reasons, the completion of any number port request and the timing of and date by which it might be completed depend on a number of factors outside of RingCentral’s control, including, without limitation, the acts and omissions of You, other services providers, and other third parties.
- Unauthorised Port Outs. You acknowledge and agree that numbers may be ported out from Your Plan or an Account due to acts or omissions of third parties, and it may be difficult or impossible for RingCentral to: (i) prevent such port-outs; (ii) retrieve numbers ported-out of an Account; or (iii) port such numbers back into an Account.
- Accurate Porting Information. You represent and warrant that all information or representations provided in connection with any request to port in or port out numbers (including, without limitation, any information or representations in any Letter of Agency) by or on behalf of You or any End User shall be true, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Customer Compliance with Porting Laws. You acknowledge that the porting of numbers is subject to telecommunications and other Laws and regulations, and may be subject to third-party terms and conditions. You represent and warrant that neither You nor any End User will at any time: (i) violate any Law or engage in any fraudulent or deceptive conduct in its porting-related requests or activities; (ii) engage in or facilitate “slamming” or the porting out of any number or change or attempt to change any party’s telephony service provider without first obtaining the proper, requisite consents and authorizations; or (iii) violate contractual or other obligations to service providers or other third parties.
- Release of Numbers. You acknowledge that in the event of account termination or cancellation, all telephone numbers associated with Your Account, which have not previously been ported to another provider, may be released. Similarly, the cancellation of individual lines may result in the release of the related numbers if those numbers have not previously been ported to another provider. You acknowledge that You are solely responsible for working with a third-party provider to port out any numbers prior to termination or cancellation of Your Account or Plan Services, or any individual line.