RingCentral for Android™
Take your phone system anywhere with integrated HD voice, messaging,* fax, conferencing, and online meetings.
Benefits of the RingCentral for Android app:
Phone system management in the palm of your hand
- Single business identity: Use your one business number for calling, messaging* and faxing.
- Manage your entire system of locations, departments, extensions, and direct numbers wherever you go.
- Grant permissions to users with role-based access in RingCentral phone systems.
- Log in to your mobile app with either your phone number, email, or Google credentials, or using Single Sign-on.
- Make and receive VoIP calls over Wi-Fi, even while travelling internationally, or over 3G/4G without using your carrier minutes.**
- Increase communication efficiency with advanced call control for call flip, transfer, park, recording, and more.
- Reply with a predefined or personal text-to-speech message, or send callers to voicemail without interrupting the current call.
- Enjoy richer and clearer HD communications with advanced audio technology that automatically adapts bandwidth and reduces the conversation latency even in a poor network environment.***
- Prevent unauthorised interception of audio streams with secure voice.
- Never drop an important call with automatic call handoff.
Enjoy quality and a secure communications system
Bring your own device (BYOD) to work
- Company directory at your fingertips: Call, message,* or fax anyone, anytime from your mobile app.
- Connect with your global workforce and customers, anytime, anywhere.
- Increase efficiency when notifications arrive. Easily swipe and respond to calls and messages with quick actions.
- View your colleagues’ real-time phone presence status across devices.
- Safeguard your confidential business information. Easily add or remove users that have access to company data and customer contacts.
- Enable BYOD for all employees, reducing TCO for devices while improving employee productivity.
- Log in automatically with your corporate credentials, Single Sign-on.*** Reduce the need of managing multiple passwords.
- Through push notifications, users are notified of missed calls without having to open up the app.
- Access live reports for real-time insight into call volume, employee availability, customer hold time, and more.
Collaborate with multipoint HD online meetings
- Host or attend video meetings anytime, anywhere, from your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Increase office collaboration with easy screen sharing from your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Hold interactive meetings with active spotlight speaker, integrated chat, and file share from cloud services like Box and Dropbox™.
- Integrate your favorite calendar with the RingCentral mobile app’s Join Now. Simply tap to join a video conference or dial in without entering a meeting ID or access code.
Start audio conferences with just one tap
- Set up and join conference calls anytime, anywhere.
- Enjoy unlimited audio conference calling on your Android phone or tablet.
- Start conferences with just one tap using ‘Join as Host’.
- Conveniently invite individuals through email and messages.
- Instantly tap to connect to a conference call from Join Now calendar anywhere, anytime.
- Increase security for conference hosts to forbid or allow participants to join before the host.
- Instantly join a conference call with one tap from a message invitation, without having to enter a participant access code.
Send and receive messages*
- With RingCentral Messaging™, you can now send messages to anyone in your company contacts from your mobile.
- Send unlimited messages to anyone in your company contact list.
- Message multiple recipients at once: View group messages in a single thread.
- Easily make a call, join a conference, or visit a website by tapping detected phone numbers and URLs directly from messages.
Fax files from anywhere
- Improve productivity by having the power to send, receive, and forward faxes from anywhere.
- Fax multiple documents to multiple recipients at once.
- Easily fax document attachments, photos, or files from cloud storage (Box and Dropbox) from your Android devices.
RingCentral for Android app FAQs:
Where can I download the RingCentral App for Android?
- You can download the app here or go to Google Play. Simply enter RingCentral on the search field and tap Install when the app appears. The RingCentral App will work on Android versions 4.0 and higher. It also supports 7" or larger tablet in today’s market.
What is VoIP for Android phones?
- VoIP (Voice over IP) is the ability of the RingCentral Mobile app to make calls without using your carrier airtime minutes. The minutes will be counted on your RingCentral account. Just connect to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G data network and you’re all set. When you are overseas, VoIP connections let you avoid international roaming charges.
What call controls are available with the app?
- You can mute, put a call on hold, flip, transfer or park a call, and also record any call.
How does ‘Tap to Join’ work in my conferencing invitation?
- ‘Tap to Join’ is available when your VoIP calling is enabled. It allows you to automatically join a meeting without entering a participant access code.
*Refer to RingCentral Messaging for more details.
**VoIP calls made on the RingCentral service network may not be available in countries where VoIP services are prohibited.
***Available only for RingCentral Office Premium and Enterprise plans. For advanced HD voice, minimum with 1.5 GHZ or higher on a dual-core processor is recommended.