Use the RingCentral Auto-Receptionist as your e-receptionist solution to greet callers and conveniently route them to employees, departments, or to any phone of your choosing.
RingCentral Auto-Receptionist is an effective call management tool that can be customised to meet your company’s needs. Create a simple call flow menu, advanced rules for calls to specific phone numbers, or even a multi-level e-receptionist menu. Improve customer experience at the first point of contact with a reliable call answering service.
Benefits of Auto-Receptionist
A sophisticated e-receptionist provides call management and projects a professional image.
Streamline your office receptionist’s responsibilities with RingCentral’s virtual receptionist for small business or enterprise.
- The RingCentral Auto-Receptionist is a sophisticated system that functions as an e-receptionist, by automatically handling calls to your main company number.
- Filter and manage call flows, ensuring all incoming calls are answered promptly and routed properly—so your business can provide better customer service.
- RingCentral’s virtual receptionist services welcome callers with a custom company greeting. For example, announce employee and department extensions to allow callers to select the appropriate extension.
- The auto attendant can route callers to the dial-by-name directory, so they can conveniently reach employees and department extensions.
- Virtual receptionist is included with RingCentral Office, so there’s no additional e-receptionist cost to consider.
Customise the virtual receptionist for your company’s needs.
- All receptionist settings can be quickly and conveniently modified online by the administrator from any device—including smartphones with the RingCentral mobile app.
- Answering rules let you route calls based on time of day, date, or date range—set rules for the holiday selling season, for example, then set them to revert automatically after the holiday.
- Forward calls to any extension, to an outside line, or directly to voicemail. The outside line can be any phone number in the world.
- Customise greetings for business hours or after hours, as well as holidays.
- Set advanced rules that provide special handling of VoIP calls from specific caller IDs, such as those of suppliers, certain customers, or investors.
- Create advanced rules for calls to specific numbers, such as for special promotions, so the caller will hear a related greeting message.
- Create even more sophisticated call flow options with multi-level auto-attendant menus. Callers can be directed through submenus, such as language, store location, or product type, and they will hear options such as:
- “Press 1 for sales, press 2 for customer support, press 3 for shipping.”
- “Press 1 for John Doe, press 2 for Jane Smith.”
- “If you know the extension of the party you'd like to reach…”
What greeting options do I have?
- The rich set of greeting options includes all the variations required for a professional business image:
- Forward calls to another number or several phone numbers.
- Send callers directly to voicemail.
- Play an announcement only, and then end the call.
- Use unconditional forwarding to forward calls directly to a different phone number, bypassing any greetings.
- Set the connecting message (e.g., “Please hold while I try to connect you.”).
- Choose from among dozens of music selections to play while calls are connecting or on hold.
Can I choose the voice for an automatic greeting?
- Yes. In addition to the default greeting voice for an automatic greeting, you can get professionally recorded greetings and upload custom recordings.
Who controls and manages the Auto-Receptionist?
- Your account administrator manages the virtual receptionist, which establishes answering rules for the main company number. The administrator can also change settings for individual users. Users control call handling settings for their own numbers using answering rules.
How do I set up the virtual receptionist?
- If you are the administrator on the account, simply log in to your Admin Portal. From there, you can specify company hours, set your company greeting, and define rules for call handling. For more details on setting up the Auto-Receptionist, refer to the RingCentral Office UK Admin Guide.