Use RingCentral Auto-Receptionist as your e-receptionist solution to greet callers and route them to employees, departments, or to any phone in the world.
Benefits of a virtual receptionist
A sophisticated e-receptionist provides call management and projects a professional image.
- The RingCentral Auto-Receptionist is a sophisticated auto attendant system that automatically handles calls to your main company number.
- Filter and manage call flow, ensuring all callers will be answered promptly and routed properly—so you can provide better customer service.
- Welcome callers with a custom company greeting. For example, announce employee and department extensions to allow callers to select the appropriate extension.
- The e-receptionist can route callers to the Dial-by-Name Directory so they can reach employees and department extensions.
Customise the virtual receptionist for your company's needs.
- All settings can be quickly and conveniently modified online by the administrator from any device—including smartphones with the RingCentral mobile app.
- Answering rules let you route calls based on time of day, date, or date range—set rules for the holiday selling season, for example, then set them to revert automatically after the holiday.
- Forward calls to any extension, to an outside line, or directly to voicemail. The outside line can be any phone number in the UK or anywhere in the world.
- Customise greetings for business hours or after-hours, as well as holidays.
- Set advanced rules that provide special handling for calls from specific caller IDs, such as those of suppliers, certain customers, or investors.
- Create advanced rules for calls to specific numbers, such as for special promotions, so the caller will hear a related greeting message.
- Create even more sophisticated call flow options with multi-level auto attendant menus. Callers can be directed through submenus such as language, store location, or product type, and they will hear options such as:
- “Press 1 for sales, press 2 for customer support, press 3 for shipping.”
- “Press 1 for John Doe, press 2 for Jane Smith.”
- “If you know the extension of the party you'd like to reach…”
What greeting options do I have?
The rich set of greeting options includes all the variations required for a professional business image:
- Forward calls to another number or several phone numbers.
- Send callers directly to voicemail.
- Play an announcement only, and then end the call.
- Use unconditional forwarding to forward calls directly to a different phone number, bypassing any greetings.
- Set the connecting message (e.g., "Please hold while I try to connect you").
- Choose from among dozens of music selections to play while calls are connecting or on hold.
Can I choose the voice for an automated greeting?
- In addition to the default greeting voice, you can hire professional voice talent and upload custom recordings. You can also record and use your own voice.
Who controls this feature?
- Your account administrator manages the virtual receptionist, which sets answering rules for the main company number. The administrator can also change settings for individual users. Users control call-handling settings for their own numbers using Answering Rules.