Easily apply common phone system settings to multiple users at once with RingCentral Templates.
Features and Benefits of RingCentral Templates
- Two types of templates
- Increase IT productivity
- Simplify user maintenance
- Easily respond to changes
- Personalize each customer experience
- Reduce inconsistencies and anomalies
One for user settings and another for specifying call handling rules, perhaps for special events.
Define your phone system configurations once and apply them as frequently as you want to whole groups of users.
Have a new hire or a promotion? Add or remove a user from any template at any time.
Templates can be updated infinitely. Just edit or add a setting whenever you need to, and quickly deploy the template again.
Apply event-driven or location-specific call handling rules with no manual effort.
Ensure standardized user settings or call handling rules are consistently applied to groups of users.
Which Office Editions have Templates?
- All Office editions with 2 or more lines automatically have access to Templates.
What type of settings can I define in a Template?
- You can specify any of these user settings:
- • E911 address
- • User office hours
- • Answering prompt or greeting
- • Audio while connecting callers to extensions
- • On-hold music
- • Voicemail greetings
- • Outbound caller ID
- • International calling permission (when international calling is enabled)
- • Notification settings
Can I apply Templates to a call queue group?
- No. You can only apply Templates to users.
How many Templates can I create?
- As many as you like; there’s virtually no limit.
Will a user’s custom settings be overwritten after being associated with a Template?
- Yes, the Template settings override any previous settings.
Can users change any settings that were applied with the Template?