What is The Multi-Level Attendant?
The Multi-Level Auto-Attendant, sometimes also known as the Multi-Level IVR, is a more comprehensive automated phone menu. A good way to think of it is like a virtual switchboard. It gives you full control over how calls are routed to ensure your business needs are met.
The Multi-Level Auto Attendant gives you flexibility to create a structured, multiple-layer phone routing menu. It efficiently connects callers to individuals, call queues, or locations within an organisation, based on their selections from menus.
The Primary Benefits of an Automated Switchboard
A cloud switchboard like the RingCentral Multi Level Auto Attendant delivers a range of benefits to businesses of all shapes and sizes. It boasts a number of features and capabilities that let you create powerful custom phone menus:
- Extend your Auto-Receptionist capability with connections to the Dial-By-Name Directory, system extensions, voicemail, or even external phone numbers.
- Simplify phone routing management for multiple locations and offices via cloud-based services.
- Add a direct number (DID) for each IVR menu, independent of the main company switchboard number.
- Scale to meet your business needs, with up to 250 voice menus and submenus per account.
Powerful Tools to Set Up and Manage Complex Systems
The RingCentral Auto Attendant has been developed as a truly modern telephone switchboard alternative. It features a whole host of powerful tools which allow for the deployment and management of complex automated call tree systems:
- Easily configure and manage virtual phone tree menus with an intuitive graphical editor.
- Offers easy-to-customise inbound call routing and telephone prompts.
- Efficient deployment and bulk configuration with XML import/export capability.
- Professional IVR prompt creation with flexible options.
- Validation function helps identify any misconfigurations.
Why do You Need The Multi-Level Attendant?
Multi Level IVR from RingCentral is far more than just a switchboard system. It provides powerful and customisable options for routing incoming calls. By creating a structured, multiple-layer phone routing menu, you can ensure that all calls are managed efficiently.
You can route your calls to any extension (e.g. user, group or another IVR menu), a voicemail or to an external number. It’s the ideal virtual telephone switchboard solution for any firm with multiple locations under one RingCentral account.
RingCentral IVR is just one of the many outstanding features of the RingCentral Office Premium and Ultimate editions. Alongside the RingCentral Virtual Receptionist and other elements, it delivers a state of the art cloud communication solution.
“From receptionists to the executives, everyone is delighted with our new system. Migrating communications to RingCentral was the best move we have made.”
Director of Operations, Auction Technology Group
Multi-Level Auto-Attendant FAQs
- Multi-Level IVR is an optional alternative to Auto-Receptionist that provides more powerful options to route incoming calls. Multi-Level IVR gives you flexibility to create a structured, multiple-layer phone routing menu.
- You can route the calls to any extension (e.g. user, group or another IVR menu), a voicemail or to an external number. It is ideal for multiple locations under one account.
- Yes. RingCentral offers IVR tools to configure and manage your phone menus, including an intuitive Visual IVR editor. It is easy to create and configure a graphical call routing flow based on the input of touch-tone keys.
- Using the IVR tool, you can record IVR prompts from your computer or via your phone. You can also upload IVR prompt recordings in MP3 or WAV formats, or use the text-to-speech option.
See how it works for your business
A sales advisor will contact you for a personalised, informative demo on the key features and benefits of a cloud phone system.